- Alec Baldwin deletes Twitter account! Find out why!by Team Scrunch
- Alec Baldwin deletes his Twitter account after facing huge backlash regarding a recent dig at American Actress Gillian Anderson.
- Alec pointed out that the actress was using a British accent for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in Netflix’s “The Crown”.
- This supposedly was a dig after his wife, Hilaria Baldwin was accused of cultural appropriation and faking her identity and Hispanic heritage, including her Spanish accent.
- Hilaria was assumed to be of Spanish descent for her public appearances but it was recently revealed that the 37-year-old Yoga teacher is actually a Boston-born American who was originally named Hillary.
- This was Alec’s attempt to justify and back his wife which landed face first when he issued his statement on Twitter.
- The actor soon deleted his Twitter account and issued a lengthy rant regarding the same on Instagram.
- Alec went on to justify his tweet by claiming he’s a huge fan of Gillian Anderson and that you can’t say anything today without getting offended.
- In true miscreant fashion, the actor then goes on to blame Twitter users for being haters, while their only crime was to catch and bring to light his attempt to justify the horrific cultural appropriation at the hands of his wife Hilaria against the Hispanic community.
Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria have had a tumultuous past year with some good and not-so-good news coming their way. While the couple welcomed their new child and family member, Alec’s wife Hilaria was involved in a cultural appropriation controversy.
Apparently, Hilaria has been faking her heritage since she has been in the limelight. Despite claiming Hispanic heritage and faking her Spanish accent, it was recently revealed that the 37-year-old Yoga teacher is actually born in Boston and was originally named Hillary.
This was a huge controversy that still offends people of Hispanic descent to this day. The couple was slammed by high-profile celebrities from all around the world and apparently, Alec might have taken it to his heart.
Gillian Anderson is the reason why Alec Baldwin has had to delete his account. Not because of her but due to a comment he issued on the actress. Gillian is an American actress who played Margaret Thatcher in the Netflix series ‘The Crown’. Naturally, Gillian had adopted a British accent to better portray her role and Alec took this as an opportunity to comment on the matter regarding Hilaria’s cultural appropriation controversy. Alec Baldwin wrote on Twitter…
switching accents? That sounds … fascinatingAlec Baldwin via Twitter
Soon the backlash started and the tweet started getting picked up by major publications. Alec promptly decided to deactivate and delete his Twitter account which he announced in an Instagram Live video from his car.
Without mentioning Gillian Anderson’s name, Alec Baldwin goes on to deny that he was taking a dig at the actress. Alec Baldwin said the following as he deletes his Twitter account…
Of course, you can’t do any irony on Twitter. You can’t do any irony in the United States anymore, because the United States is such an uptight, stressed-out place and such an unpleasant place right now.Alec Baldwin via Instagram
Alec then went on to justify his actions by claiming to be a “huge fan” of the actress. He then goes on to say that his tweet intended to…
illustrate the point that multicultural expressions of anyone… that’s your businessAlec Baldwin via Instagram
Yea…..right. And then in true denial, Alec Baldwin goes on to blame the Twitter users because they managed to capture one of his digs that he hoped would not be noticed so he could finally feel better about misrepresenting an entire race for personal gains and sympathy in the public space.
The actor said…
Twitter is one-third interesting posts… one-third tedious, uninteresting, puerile nonsense, and then it’s one-third, or more maybe, just abject hatred and malice and unpleasantness.Alec Baldwin via Instagram
What do you think about this latest fiasco? Is Twitter better off without Alec Baldwin? Share your thoughts with us!
- 6 Dr. Seuss books to be banned due to racist imagery! All you need to know!by Team Scrunch
- In light of today’s National Read Across America Day, the Dr. Seuss Enterprises has decided to stop the publication of 6 Dr. Seuss books for their racist and insensitive imagery.
- This comes as a much welcome move in these troubling times where racism is rampant across the world.
- Boomers have already labeled it as a part of cancel culture and it is time to shed some light and educate them on the matter.
Dr. Seuss is a famous children’s book author from the 19th century known for his unique storytelling ways. His books have been published for over a century and that tradition continues to this day.
The Dr. Seuss Enterprises, the company that publishes the books, has decided to remove 6 titles and stop them from being published anymore. According to the publisher, the production of these titles will be ceased due to their racist and insensitive imagery.
Dr. Seuss passed away in 1991 and since then, his birthday, the 2nd of March is celebrated in schools all around the US. In light of this celebration, the publisher decided to make this announcement.
Dr. Seuss Enterprises said…
These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrongDr. Seuss Enterprises
The company further added…
Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families,Dr. Seuss Enterprises
These are the following 6 books by Dr. Seuss that will no longer be published and will be pulled from public distribution.
- And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street
- If I ran the Zoo
- McElligot’s Pool
- On Beyond Zebra
- Scrambled Eggs Super
- The Cat’s Quizzer
According to Dr. Seuss Enterprises, the cancellation of these titles has been in the works for the last year and the decision was made after months of internal discussions. The company gave the following statement for the same…
Dr. Seuss Enterprises listened and took feedback from our audiences including teachers, academics and specialists in the field as part of our review process. We then worked with a panel of experts, including educators, to review our catalog of titles,Dr. Seuss Enterprises
The move comes after the recent discussion around Dr. Seuss’s works. Though he picks up topics like environmentalism which are highly positive, most of his works are riddled with improper and racist depictions of Asians, Africans, and colored individuals from other communities.
While propaganda enthusiasts have already labeled this as a reminder of cancel culture, this is a very much welcome move to stop young minds from making wrong assumptions regarding other races. This is the sole reason why certain racist propaganda needs to be eradicated from society so we can move to a better and more accommodating world.
In other news, Stevie Wonder has decided to permanently move to Ghana as revealed in a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey!
- Ice Cube slams Warner Bros.! The production company won’t let him make ‘Friday’ sequels.by Team Scrunch
- Ice Cube now joins the list of growing colored artists that have an ongoing feud with Warner Bros.
- The studio refuses to release the rights to Ice Cube’s beloved franchise ‘Friday’ which is why the rapper slams them in his latest tweet.
- ‘Friday’ has been an iconic franchise for black artists since its inception and has helped launch big names in the industry like Terry Crews.
- It has been 20 years since a sequel was last released and despite Cube being ready to produce the movie himself, Warner Bros. refuses to even entertain the rapper’s requests.
- This falls in line with the current accusations on Walter Hamada, the current President of Warner Bros., who among other things is accused of racism, discrimination, and blatant dictatorial managing of the studio.
Friday movies have been fantastic since their inception and Ice Cube is the driving force behind all of them. The first one is still revered among movie fans and is considered among the best in the series.
Not only have the movies been pivotal in Ice Cube’s career, but they have also helped launch many new actors like Terry Crews in the industry, who is now a big name himself.
Ice Cube is rightfully pissed that a Friday sequel hasn’t been green-lit by Warner Bros. in the past 20 years and the rapper slams them for the same in his latest tweet.
According to Cube, it is up to Warner Bros. to deny the sequels, however, if he wishes to make more of them, using his own money, then they should at least hand him the reigns to the Franchise!
Ice Cube slams Warner Bros. and says that the studio is essentially hijacking…
happiness of the cultureIce Cube via Twitter
According to TMZ insider sources, Cube has been miffed with Warner Bros. for quite some time now. The artist has apparently suffered discrimination at the hands of Warner Bros executives but he doesn’t wish to make the information public. That along with the studio blocking ‘Friday’ sequels seems to have pushed Cube to his limit.
Warner Bros is currently the owner of the ‘Friday’ Franchise and has no intention of making more sequels. The franchise currently has Friday (1995), Next Friday (2000), and Friday After Next (2002) under its belt.
This is no surprise considering the current baboon spearheading Warner Bros. studios, Walter Hamada. The man has been accused of blatant racism against Ray Fisher who has publically revealed the harrowing details of his account which led to him being fired from the Justice League franchise. Ray played the role of Cyborg and had a vital role to play in the upcoming Flash movie.
Additionally, Walter refuses to part with transphobic J.K Rowling who has been slammed worldwide for her transphobic views and was even forced to return her awards recently. Walter Hamada also continues to employ artists like Ezra Miller accused of choking a fan and Amber Heard, involved in the public lawsuit domestic violence allegations with her former husband Johnny Depp. This has made it clear that Warner Bros is currently under dictatorial power where anything and everything goes, including blatant racism and discrimination.
It is no surprise that Warner Bros. is refusing to release the rights to Friday despite having no intentions to produce a sequel? I mean so what if Ice Cube wants to produce one? It’s not like it’s his movie…..oh wait it is!!
In other news, check out Stevie Wonder’s latest announcement regarding his permanent move to the African nation of Ghana!
- Stevie Wonder Ghana move confirmed! The singer will move to the African nation for good!by Team Scrunch
- Stevie Wonder has always been fond of Ghana, and it seems that the artist is ready to take his love for the African nation to the next level by planning a permanent move.
- Stevie Wonder appeared in a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey where he disclosed that he wishes to move to Ghana permanently.
- Behind his motivation is his love for the Ghanian people as well as the will to give growing kids a chance to find a place in the 21st century.
- Read about his motivations and plans below.
Stevie Wonder is one of the most iconic musicians of his time thanks to chart-breaking songs like ‘Superstition’ and his charming personality. The artist has enjoyed the past 70 years of his life in America making his way to the top of the music industry. Everybody has retirement plans, and so does Stevie Wonder, and they’re kinda heartwarming.
Stevie Wonder recently interviewed with Oprah where he discussed his plans to move to the nation of Ghana. The musician said…
I want to see this nation smile again and I want to see it before I leave … to move to Ghana. Because I’m going to do that.Stevie Wonder
Oprah then asks him if the singer plans to relocate permanently, and Stevie replied…
I am…Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder then goes on to discuss the ideology behind this decision and what pushed him to finally make the move to Ghana…
I don’t want to see my children’s children’s children have to say, ‘Oh, please like me, please, please respect me, please know that I’m important, please value me,Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder had previously expressed his love for Ghana in 1994, Washington at a gathering of IAAAM or the International Association of African American Music.
When asked what differences Stevie finds between the two nations, he highlighted that Ghana has…
there’s more of a sense of community there.Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder was born in Michigan in 1950 and soon became an underground star and pioneer, overcoming his hurdles, among which was his blindness.
As for his achievements, the list is huge and rightfully so, Stevie Wonder has earned 25 Grammys over the course of his career along with 74 nominations. He also has an Oscar and Golden Globe under his belt for the famous song “I just called to say I love you”.
Stevie Wonder recently had a health scare last year with a failing kidney. The star ended up going under surgery and came out triumphant with a public statement that said…
blessed with a new kidney!Stevie Wonder
What do you think about Stevie’s decesion?
- Daniel Kaluuya not invited to the premiere of ‘Get Out’ despite being the lead? Find out why!by Team Scrunch
- Daniel Kaluuya, the lead star of the 2017 hit Get Out recently appeared in an interview where he revealed that he was not invited to the premiere of his own movie at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Daniel who was shooting Black Panther at the time had painstakingly cleared his schedule to attend the premiere but the invite never arrived.
- Check out what the actor had to say regarding the same below.
Get Out was the sleeper hit of 2017 directed by Jordan Peele and rightfully so, the suspenseful thriller managed to scare audiences worldwide. Based on the plot around white supremacy, Get Out managed to include some intriguing social commentary among some of its most scary scenes.
Daniel Kaluuya played the lead in the movie which helped him propel to new heights. Despite having worked in the industry for quite some time now, Get Out definitely is still his most popular project to date.
Sadly, Daniel Kaluuya revealed in a recent interview that he was not invited to the premiere of the movie despite being the lead star!
Daniel appeared on the Graham Norton show recently where he revealed more details regarding the same. According to the actor, he was in Atlanta shooting his upcoming movie Black Panther when the supposed premiere was to take place at the Sundance Film Festival.
Despite being in the middle of shooting Black Panther, Daniel made it his priority to clear up his schedule for the upcoming premiere. Sadly for Daniel Kaluuya, he was not invited and the actor waited for the invite all through the day. He ended up spending his night in bed …. I suspect there was a tub of Ben and Jerry’s involved but we have no confirmation on the same yet.
Daniel gave the following statements during his interview with Graham…
On the Sundance world premiere, I was in Atlanta because I was shooting [Black] Panther. I was chilling, I cleared my schedule. I was like, ‘I really wanna do it.’ And then just didn’t get the invite. I wasn’t invited, so I was just in my bed – someone texted me, ‘It’s done really well.Daniel Kaluuya
The actor further added when he was probed about the missed invite…
I don’t ask questions, You don’t wanna be in a place that you don’t feel wanted.Daniel Kaluuya
It seems that Daniel is looking at the funny side of these events but who knows how he actually felt at the time. The actor was later spotted at a screening of the movie, a few weeks later after its Sundance premiere.
What do you think about Daniel being snubbed from his own premiere?
In other news, the upcoming GOT prequel, House of Dragons, adds Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke and Emma Da’rcy to the growing cast of big names. Matt Smith is best known for playing Dr. Who while you might remember Olivia Cooke from her performance in ‘Ready Player One’.
- GOT Prequel update; Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, and Emma D’Arcy added to the cast of House of Dragon!by Team Scrunch
- Although GOT S8 suffered a devastating end, people still have high hopes from the upcoming prequel, the House of the Dragon.
- This GOT prequel has recently given us an update regarding the cast and has added three new names to the project.
- This includes Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, and Emma D’Arcy.
- The upcoming prequel will tell the story of House Targaryen and its dragon riders, 300 years before the events of GOT according to the new update.
- Here is all we know so far!
So we all hated GOT S8 but now that 2020 is gone and a new year of the pandemic is here, emotions have subsided. It’s not like we’re loving S8 (lol), but we are now appreciating the show that came before the disastrous finale. It was fun, endearing, well made, gripping, and frankly a world to get lost in. And now that everyone is looking for a world to get lost in, the world around the upcoming GOT prequel has suddenly lit up, bringing us a new update along with it!
The House of Dragon is an upcoming prequel set around 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones. The prequel will focus on House Targaryen and their rise and fall from power. Eve Best, Paddy Considine, and Sonoyo Mizuno were already among the cast. Eve Best is set to play Rhaenys Velaryon, Paddy is set to play Viserys Targaryen and Sonoyo Mizuno is set to play Mysaria.
We now have a new update from the GOT prequel which confirms the new additions to the cast that includes; Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, and Emma D’Arcy.
Olivia Cooke is set to play Alicent Hightower, who is the daughter of Otto Hightower, who happens to be the Hand of the King for the Targaryens. Olivia’s character is described as following…
the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms, [she has] courtly grace and a keen political acumen.
It seems to be a great year for Olivia’s career as she has several other upcoming projects lined up for 2021 including ‘Pixie’ and the sci-fi movie ‘Little Fish’. She is accompanied by Alec Baldwin in Pixie and Jack O’Connell in Little Fish. Additionally, she will also be appearing in ‘Naked Singularity’ this year.
Emma D’Arcy on the other hand has been cast in the role of Rhaenyra Targaryen, who is a pure-blood Valyrian bound to her fate as a dragon rider. An update on the character from one of the books, states the following about her…
born with everything… but she was not born a man.
Similarly, Matt Smith has been cast in the role of Daemon Targaryen, who is the younger brother to King Viserys and supposedly the heir to the Targaryen throne (lol so basically Ned Stark). His character gets this snippet of description in the books…
peerless warrior and a dragonrider, Daemon possesses the true blood of the dragon. But it is said that whenever a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin in the air…
The House of Dragon has been greenlit by HBO with a current order of 10 initial episodes. Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal will be spearheading the show and will also act as EPs on the project. Joining them will be George R.R. Martin and Vince Gerardis. For now, according to reports, Miguel Sapochnik will be directing the pilot and subsequent episodes. Joining him will be Sara Lee Hess who will be the Writer and EP on the project.
- Cameron Diaz departs Hollywood for all the right reasons!by Team Scrunch
- Cameron Diaz is embracing the peace and fruits of her personal life as she departs Hollywood.
- The recently turned mother appeared in an interview where she disclosed that she was more than happy and totally focused on taking care of her son Raddix.
- Cameron seemingly can not imagine going back to a movie set now with a child in her life and intends to keep it that way.
- Diaz said that she would be more than happy not doing any more movies in her life.
- Cameron Diaz was last seen in Annie which released in 2014 to mixed reviews.
- On the professional front, the actress is currently in the midst of developing an organic alcohol for the market.
Cameron Diaz has been one of the star-studded female actors in Hollywood for quite some time. Though her projects are known for being over the top, dramatic, and outrageous, she has always found comfort in the movies she made before. Known best for her reboot in Charlie’s Angels, Cameron Diaz is now 48, happily married, and living a peaceful family life.
And she intends not to give this up, no matter how brig the role. She says that she is now done with Hollywood and would be more than happy never making a movie again in her life.
Diaz was last spotted in Annie, which was released back in 2014. She was recently interviewed regarding her marriage to Benji Madden which took place in 2019. Cameron Diaz has a son called Raddix and it seems that he is the prime reason for her content as she departs Hollywood.
Cameron Diaz appeared on Sirius XM’s, the Bruce show where she explained the joy she received from being a mother as she departs from Hollywood. The actress said…
[Motherhood] the most fulfilling part of my life so far. I just like so important.Cameron Diaz
When she was asked about returning to Hollywood in the future despite her current commitments and mindset, Diaz said…
I’m never going to say never about anything in life. I’m just not that person. So will I ever make a movie again? I’m not looking to, but will I? I don’t know. I have no idea. Maybe, never say never.Cameron Diaz
She concluded by saying…
I couldn’t imagine like being a mom now with my child… to have to be on a movie set that takes 14 hours, 16 hours of my day away from my child. I just couldn’t.Cameron Diaz
Well, it’s more than heartwarming to see how motherhood can change a person and inspire everyone around them. We wish Cameron Diaz the best of luck on her future ventures. On the professional front, Diaz is currently working to produce an organic alcohol brand.
- Beyonce assists Texans by sending much-needed finances! Find out how to apply for the grants!by Team Scrunch
- Beyonce assists Texans amid these severe winter storms as Senator Ted Cruz of Texas ditches his people for a vacation in Cancun, Mexico.
- Around 38 people have lost their lives due to these severe storms.
- Texans also face food and water shortages with everyone being asked to boil their water before drinking.
- Texans have also not had power or heat for the past week now.
- The state faces dire circumstances as power fails to be restored and water plants struggle to supply clean water.
- Beyonce has partnered with Adidas and the Bread of Life Foundation as she assists Texans through these trying times.
- Grants of $1k have been announced for families and individuals severely affected by the winter storms. Find out how to apply below!
Texans have been facing the worst winter storms while losing out on important utilities like power and water. The neighboring water plants are struggling to deliver clean drinking water to homes as without electricity processing is hard and moreover, the winter storms are causing the pipes to burst all over the state.
This while, senator Ted Cruz of Texas decided to fly down to Cancun Mexico amid this crisis. Well if officials refuse to step in and decide to leave their people to die, someone was bound to step in and Texans are getting help from someone they would’ve never expected considering the state’s right-wing views.
Beyonce’s BeyGOOD Foundation has decided to help the people of Texas. The singer has joined forces with Adidas and Bread of life to provide grants to all residents. Reportedly $1000 is being shelled out to families in need and those that have been severely affected by these winter storms.
If you’re in Texas or in a neighboring state affected by the storms, then you can apply for the grant using the Disaster Relief Application Form. If you intend to be a part of this venture and would like to help, then you can donate to the Bread of Life nonprofit disaster management organization.
Beyonce’s BeyGOOD foundation tweeted yesterday outlining the plan as Beyonce assists Texans through these tough times…
Vist @BreadofLifeH for more information on assistance. We send our prayers to those impacted by the winter storm.BeyGOOD Foundation via Twitter
The winter storms are expected to last through the upcoming weekend for Texans and people have been advised to be prepared. Texans have been without power and heat for the past few days now. Things seem to be improving as power is beginning to be restored in some areas but the state has a long way to go in terms of a full recovery.
The food and water shortage is also expected to continue and all 13 million Texans have been advised to start boiling their water before drinking. According to NYT, around 38 people have lost their lives due to these winter storms.
What do you think about this new plan as Beyonce assists Texans in these trying times?